Report your earnings payment data to the Incomes Register

Even if you pay us TyEL insurance contributions as our customer, you must report employee earnings payment data, which serves as the basis for the employee pension, to the Incomes Register. We recieve the earnings payment data that we need to determine the employee's pension insurance contributions directly from the Incomes Register.

What is the Incomes Register?

The Incomes Register is a national online database, which collects comprehensive information on individuals' wages, pensions and benefits in a single register.

  • Effective since the beginning of 2019, earnings payment data is reported to the Incomes Register.
  • Beginnings in 2021, information on pensions and benefits will also be reported to the Incomes Register.

In some cases, data is produced by, for example, employers which report their employees' earnings to the Incomes Register in real time whenever a payment is made, primarily within five days of payment.

What do I need to report and when?

The employer shall report earnings paid for work completed, fringe benefits, bonuses, nonwage compensation for work and other earnings. Tax-free and taxable reimbursements of expenses must also be reported.

Earnings payment data must be reported by no later than the fifth calender day after the date of payment. Data can be reported online:

In certain cases, earnings payment data may only be reported usin a paper form.

Earnings payment data is reported using a pension policy number

An employer with a contract uses a pension policy number to report earnings paymen data to the Incomes Register.

A pension policy number consists of 11 digits (e.g. 56-0012345A).

This means that an insurance policy has to be taken out before any report can be submitted.

If you are a temporary employer, you can fulfil your pension insurance obligation without a separate insurance policy by selecting Veritas as the recipient when reporting earnings payment data to the Incomes Register. You can report earnings payment data with an online form on the Incomes Register e-service or with the service.

Read the instructions for the Incomes Register e-service here.